My photo
I'm a free-style portrait photographer who serves the Twin Cities area.   If you are interested in hiring me for your photographic needs please visit my website at www.jensportraits.com
Want a copy of an image to use on your Facebook, Twitter or other web account? Shoot me an email at Jennifer@JensPortraits.com and I will be happy to send you a resized image that will look great as your avitar!

Monday, April 26, 2010

I have a love-hate relationship with technology. I love being able to surf the Internet on my phone, keep up with Facebook posts of friends and family any time of day, the beauty in images I can bring out with my editing software, being able to communicate to anyone in the world at a moment's notice. But then there are the days when technology really grates on my last nerve. A Phone call while my hands are dug into meatloaf, a computer in a car going out, a memory card going corrupt during shooting a wedding and my computer shutting down on me numerous times while editing a session.
This last one happened to me this week. Maybe it's dust and over heating. It has been over two years since I've given it a good cleaning. My hairdryer can't take that kind of abuse, why do I expect my computer that runs almost the entire day long to?
Two years ago I had the mother of all panics when I was finishing up the last part of editing a gallery- the resizing for web, when my computer suddenly konked out on me! I was supposed to be meeting a newly married couple to view their wedding gallery for the first time the next day. Luckily I had backed up their images on a disk and was able to show them their gallery via laptop. My computer was never the same, and at that point I hadn't been using a separate external hard drive for backing up, and sadly I lost a lot of my own children's pictures. You know the saying, "The cobbler's children never have any shoes"? .... the photographer's children never have any prints. Now I'm very very ocd about backing up my work. I never want to lose my work, or my kids images again. Someday I will have them all printed and put into wonderful scrapbooks for them to treasure. Maybe someday after they are all grown.
In the meantime I'll continue to love technology, and some days despise it.

Photobucket

The Things I Blog About