My photo
I'm a free-style portrait photographer who serves the Twin Cities area.   If you are interested in hiring me for your photographic needs please visit my website at www.jensportraits.com
Want a copy of an image to use on your Facebook, Twitter or other web account? Shoot me an email at Jennifer@JensPortraits.com and I will be happy to send you a resized image that will look great as your avitar!

Friday, November 14, 2008

More Changes Coming

For the last year I have been really struggling with trying to do the kind of photography I like, and having clients hire me for more traditional stuff.I understand wanting what you are used to for your walls. I have some of the same images on my walls.

I started doing photography as an outlet for my creative side. I love art, creating, exploring.I haven't had much opportunity lately for doing that.I've had some really great clients and I am thankful for each one of you. You've helped me in more ways than you know in finding what kind of photography I want to be doing and I hope that you will continue to come back to me for your photography needs!

So, with all that said, I am announcing big changes around here.

First, I have decided to lower my session pricing again. One reason is because of the economy problems, I know times are hard for people and photography quite often falls to the "luxury list". I have always wanted people to be able to have affordable images, and I don't want people to consider pictures of their families on their walls to be a "luxury". A home should be filled with the family in it, even when they are not home. The other reason is because I'm going to be doing photography different than I have been doing it before.

The second set of changes I am making are to how the sessions will be done. Newborn sessions will stay the same. For family portraits- if you are wanting the traditional studio styles of portraits, smiling, facing the camera, uncomfortably posed.... I can recommend another photographer for that. If you want different, unusual, bold, daring, unconventional ... stuff like that... then why haven't you called me yet?

For Seniors, adults and couples I will be breaking away from traditional posing as well. Let's get artistic! Let's have images that show emotions and interactions. Let's do crazy and different things, bring your fun wild side and leave your ideas of staring at my camera while I ask you to smile back at home :)

Wedding coverage will stay the same.

The Things I Blog About