My photo
I'm a free-style portrait photographer who serves the Twin Cities area.   If you are interested in hiring me for your photographic needs please visit my website at www.jensportraits.com
Want a copy of an image to use on your Facebook, Twitter or other web account? Shoot me an email at Jennifer@JensPortraits.com and I will be happy to send you a resized image that will look great as your avitar!

Friday, June 6, 2008

| A Play With Texture |


So I haven't experimented much with textures, but I'd like to start. I don't know if this will be something customers would be interested in, but I know that I enjoy looking at it, so I'm going to keep playing with it.

This image has two textures and a frame. The textures are a rubber glove and cracked cement from Johnny's Fine Art Textures Vol. 1 That link will take you to some of his other items for sale.

I like how the cement added texture to the cloudy sky. It didn't have texture it's self, so the cement helped. I also liked how the rubber glove added to it. I added contrast to both, and I also added a blur to the rubber glove. The frame I used is a brush, and I erased the flowers it had in the middle, but I like how it darkened the corners.


This is another try at textures. I can't remember which ones I used, I think they came with my PSCS2. In the original the parents were too dark, had harsh shadows on them, but I wanted to keep them in the image. So I was hoping the textures would help bring out the little girl, and have your eyes drawn to her, while keeping the parents as a presence in the image.

The Things I Blog About